SAUCE SPOTLIGHT: THE DRUMMOND STREATERY
Sauce is excited share recent highlights from The Drummond Streatery project: a collaborative effort between Euston Town BID, Drummond Street traders, Jan Kattein Architects and Camden Council, which brings new life to this historic street just a minute’s walk from Euston Square Station.
Developed to regenerate, revive and reignite a rich and culturally diverse neighbourhood of businesses spanning South Asian, African, Turkish and Chinese roots, the newly installed carnivalesque outdoor eating areas on the street, welcomes old and new diners to the 14 participating restaurants and cafes for fun, food and festivities throughout the summer, and beyond.
Through a fully integrated campaign approach spanning media, digital marketing, tactical events and, social media amplification, Sauce has helped put the street back on the map as a destination for authentic dining in London.
Sauce brokered coverage across top tier media publications including the Evening Standard, TimeOut London, Esquire, Tatler and Town & Country, serving to drive awareness across key target audiences as well as direct website traffic.
Serving to create a high impact launch moment, Sauce managed and delivered a Streatery launch party on the 5th August inviting members of the public, as well as key influencers and press. Alongside food from the street’s famous traders, partiers enjoyed live music from internationally renowned DJ and BBC Asian Network presenter, AJD, rising contemporary crossover artist RIKA and Bhangra star H Dhami, alongside Bollywood dancing from Bollywood Co.
Responsible for managing all online channels, Sauce ensured that the launch party and all trader stories were brought to life across all relevant online platforms including the website and Instagram @drummond.street.
With a focus on building long-lasting success for the Streatery, Sauce carried out a series of key marketing tactics serving to drive hyper local footfall and new data subscribers. Activities included:
– Securing media partnership with London On The Inside across a competition to win a group tasting experience. This resulted in 1300 entrants and 260 new subscribers
– Launching a month-long promotion with TimeOut London, with 150 tickets up for grabs – selling out in 2 days.
– Reaching out to all key corporates in the local area, with an invitation to the launch party.
– Establishing exclusive student discounts for local universities in the area, serving to drive direct footfall.
– Obtained 33 pieces of press coverage with a total reach of 1.86bn. Key pieces of press coverage include: Evening Standard, Time Out, CODE Hospitality, Tatler.
– Securing two broadcast news features with BBC London News with a live segment recorded at the Drummond Streatery launch event as well as London Live.
Sauce continues to work with the Streatery across future events and activations. Follow @drummond.street for all the latest news.